Duck Breasts with Orange & Morello Cherry
Prep Time : 00h 00
Cooking Time : 00h 00
Servings Number : 4 people
Can also be made with legs.
Recipe by Sally Carpenter for Wilkin & Sons Ltd.
- Set oven 200c (gas mark6).
- Top and tail onions and cut lengthwise.
- Peel carrot and cut into needle size pieces.
- Prick the skin of the duck breasts and rub a little salt into the skin.
- Heat a heavy frying pan and when the pan is hot place duck in the pan skin side down and cook for about 3 minutes to release as much fat as possible.
- Turn the duck over and quickly seal the underside, drain and place duck in an oven proof dish and keep warm.
- Add onions and carrots to the duck.
- Mix Morello Cherry Conserve, Orange Marmalade, thyme and stock and pour the mixture over the duck.
- Cover with lid or make a foil lid.
- Cook in the oven approximately 30 minutes depending on taste.
- Serve with new potatoes and green beans.