Sophie's Lemon Curd & White Chocolate Roulade
Prep Time : 00h 00
Cooking Time : 00h 00
Servings Number : 1 person
Sophie Hyam's winning recipe from the 'Great Tiptree Bake Off' competition which we ran with Waitrose.
- For the white chocolate mouse:
- 200g good white chocolate
- 4g gelatine powder
- 330g double cream
- 30g full fat milk
- For the sponge:
- 3 large eggs separated
- 85g icing sugar, sifted
- 25g cornflour
- 25g plain flour
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Butter for greasing
- For decoration:
- Caster sugar for dusting
- Pistachio nuts coarsely crushed
- White chocolate shavings
- 200g Tiptree Lemon Curd
- To make the mousse melt the white chocolate over a Bain Marie.
- Whilst this is melting bring cream and milk to boil, cool slightly and whisk in the gelatine granules until thoroughly combined. Cool for 5 mins then add to white chocolate Mix and set for 2 hours.
- Turn oven on to 170C and line a baking tray with grease proof paper and grease with butter.
- When the cake is cooked have a large piece of greaseproof paper sprinkled in caster sugar ready to turn the sponge into.
- To make the sponge whisk the 3 egg yolks with 50g icing sugar until double in size and light and fluffy.
- Combine in the egg mixture with the sifted flours and lemon zest.
- Whisk the egg whites until soft peaks and add remaining icing sugar whisk to soft peaks again.
- Take a 1/3rd of the meringue mixture and combine into the egg mix. Fold the other 2/3rds in gently taking care not to over mix keeping its light fluffy texture.
- Put mix in baking tray smoothing over with a pallet knife so the surface is even and bake for 10mins.
- Gently remove cake onto grease proof caster sugar paper. Whilst warm roll the sponge into the roulade taking care not to crack the surface.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Roll roulade out and add a layer of lemon curd.
- Now add the white chocolate mousse which should be pliable and easy to mould on top of the lemon curd layer.
- Add another layer of lemon curd and roll back into the roulade shape.
- Finish off with whipped double cream piped down the centre, blackberries, white chocolate shards and coarsely ground pistachio nuts.