Rainbow Trout with Hot Gooseberry Chutney
Prep Time : 00h 00
Cooking Time : 00h 00
Servings Number : 1 person
Recipe by Sally Carpenter for Wilkin & Sons Ltd.
- 4 Fresh Rainbow Trout
- 4 tsp Tiptree Hot Gooseberry Chutney
- 1 Lemon
- Knob of butter
- Heat oven 180 degrees.
- Clean each fish – lightly scrape away any loose scales.
- Remove fins and trim tail to a sharp “M”.
- Make a slit along the belly of the fish and remove all the guts.
- Leave head on. Dry the inside with kitchen paper.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of Hot Gooseberry Chutney along the inside of the trout.
- Place each whole fish onto a large piece of lightly buttered greaseproof paper and fold paper into a long parcel crunching up the ends.
- Place parcels on an oven proof tray and bake for 16-18 minutes depending on the size of the fish – check to ensure it is cooked through – the eyes should be white.
- Serve a parcel on each plate or remove fish from parcels prior to serving and garnish with lemon.
- Enjoy with minted new potatoes.