Tiptree Passion Fruit Curd Crème Brûlée
Prep Time : 00h 00
Cooking Time : 00h 00
Servings Number : 1 person
Recipe by Marianna Giancola for Wilkin & Sons Ltd.
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 100ml Whole Milk
- 340g Double Cream
- 60g Sugar
- 1 Scraped Vanilla Pod
- 1 jar Tiptree Passion Fruit Curd
- In a large bowl whisk the egg yolks together with whole jar of Tiptree passion fruit curd and sugar. Once pale and well mixed, heat milk and cream together with vanilla in a pan.
- When the milk and cream mixture reaches boiling, immediately pour into egg mixture whisking quickly to combine ingredients to avoid lumps. Cream must be hot to begin tempering of eggs.
- Place the crème brûlée moulds in a deep roasting pan. Pour desired amount of mix into each bowl. Then fill roasting pan with boiling water.
- Cook in 170degree fan oven for 20-30 mins. Custard should still have a slight jiggle, not be completely stiff when removed from oven. Don’t overcook it otherwise cream can split and texture will be dry.
- Allow to cool then cover with thin layer of caster sugar. Blow torch or grill until brûlée!