Tiptree Salted Caramel Meringues
Prep Time : 00h 00
Cooking Time : 00h 00
Servings Number : 1 person
Recipe by Marianna Giancola for Wilkin & Sons Ltd.
- 4 Egg Whites
- 115g Granulated Sugar
- 115g Caster Sugar
- Tiptree Salted Caramel
- Maldon Salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 110C/100C fan.
- Put the egg whites into a large mixing bowl and beat them with an electric hand whisk until fluffy.
- Slowly add first caster, and then icing sugar while continuing whisking until the mixture stands up in stiff peaks when blades are lifted.
- Line a baking tray with non-stick liner or parchment paper.
- Gently spoon mix into a piping bag and pipe onto lined baking tray. Finish with swirls of salted caramel and Maldon sea salt.
- Bake for 1 ½-1 ¾ hours in a fan oven, until the meringues sound crisp when tapped.
- Turn oven off and leave the meringues to cool on the tray.