Anna Polyviou’s Australian Mincemeat Shapes
Prep Time : 00h 00
Cooking Time : 00h 00
Servings Number : 1 person
Recipe by Anna Polyviou’s for Wilkin & Sons Ltd.
- 110g Unsalted Butter
- 225g Plain Flour
- 75g Icing Sugar
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 1 Tiptree Mincemeat
- Icing sugar, to dust
- To make the pastry, combine the flour, sugar and butter and mix to form crumbs, then add the eggs and mix until combined.
- Lightly knead the pastry on a floured surface until smooth. Enclose pastry in plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 40-60 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 165°C fan-forced. Grease six 8cm loose-based tins.
- Roll the chilled sweet pastry on a floured surface, making sure to move the pastry around so it doesn’t stick, until it is about 3mm thick.
- Cut out six 11-12cm discs and press into the prepared tins, making sure to leave some pastry overhanging the tin. Place in the fridge for 15-30 mins.
- Meanwhile, cut out different shapes (like gingerbread men, trees, candy canes) from the remaining pastry. You will need 18 shapes in total. Bake shapes in the oven for 10-15 minutes until golden. Set aside to cool.
- Remove pastry cases from the fridge and trim the excess pastry. Fill with mincemeat, then bake for 10-15 minutes until the pastry is golden. Set aside to cool.
- When ready to serve, dust pastry shapes with icing sugar and place three pieces on top of each tart.