Junior Bake Off Winner Reece’s Banoffee Scones
Prep Time : 00h 00
Cooking Time : 00h 00
Servings Number : 1 person
Recipe by Junior Bake Off Winner Reece’s for Cream Tea Society and Wilkin & Sons Ltd.
- 360g Self Raising Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 90g Rodda's Cornish butter, diced
- 40g Caster Sugar
- 175ml Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Beaten Egg to glaze
- 1 Tiptree Banoffee Spread
- 2 Whole Banana
- 40g Rodda's classic Cornish clotted cream
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Tip the self-raising flour into a large bowl with the baking powder to combine.
- Add the diced butter, then rub in with your fingers until the mix looks like fine crumbs, then mix in the caster sugar.
- Make a well in the dry mixture, then add the milk and mix it speedily – it may seem pretty wet at first.
- Scatter some flour onto the work surface and tip the dough out.
- Knead the dough until it’s a bit smoother but not for more than 1 minute.
- Roll the dough very gently until it’s about 3 1/2 cm thickness then using a round cutter, punch out your holes and place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Using a pastry brush, paint the tops with a beaten egg, then bake for 10 mins until risen and golden on the top.
- Once baked, leave to cook and get started on preparing the fillings! Slice your bananas and leave them to the side.
- Once cooked, cut the scones in half and using a piping bag or a spoon, pipe your Tiptree Banoffee Spread onto the scones, then spoon your Roddas clotted cream and top with your sliced bananas.